No reviews yet
||No reviews yet
||Updated guidance and new legal obligations for managing restructures, absence and staff performance
Optimus Education's website
||Primary, Secondary, Leadership and Management, KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, Management, Deputy Headteacher, Head of year / Pastoral leader, Business Manager, Out of school, Governor
|Learning outcomes for participants/users and, where relevant, pupils or students
Why is this conference relevant?
- Do you need clarification on the top employment law issues and cases that will affect your school this year?
- Is your school planning a restructure in 2016/17 due to a reduced budget?
- Are you managing staff absence affectively to reduce the cost to your budget and protect pupil outcomes?
Join us for our one-day national conference to clarify whether your policies and practices are up-to-date and compliant to ensure you’re prepared for 2016/17.
What can I expect?
- What is new in 2016/17 – The potential pitfalls and legislative changes that can harm the growth of your organisation
- Restructures – Legal guidance for effectively implementing structural changes whilst minimising the risk to staff and student outcomes
- Staff Absence update – Ensure your procedures are water tight to reduce the cost of short and long term absence on your school or academy
Who should attend?
- Deputy and Assistant Headteachers
- School Business Managers and Bursar
- Heads of HR
- Heads of Personnel
- School Governors
- Principals and Vice Principals
|Evidence underpinning this approach
“Really useful best practice sharing – Great to hear success stories”
Headteacher, Kedleston Schools
“Helpful and energising with ideas to take back to school”
Assistant Headteacher, Gayhurst Primary School
|How users/participants can evaluate success
||The provider has not supplied this information
|Follow-up activities and support
Post-event you will recieve all speaker resources and presentations from the day to ensure you have all the materials to utlilise within your school.
Benefits of attending - additional sessions on the day
- Sickness absence: Ensure your sickness policy is compliant and fit-for-purpose and know when to involve Occupational Health
- Capability: Learn how to address underperformance by deploying a robust capability procedure that can stand up to challenge
- Disciplinaries: Clarify how to run a legally binding disciplinary procedure to ensure your school doesn’t fall foul of the law.
- Peter Woodhouse, Partner, Stone King
- Dai Durbridge, Partner, Browne Jacobson
- Heather Mitchell, Senior Associate, Browne Jacobson
- Naseem Nabi, Partner, Veale Wasbrough Vizards
- Craig Vincent, HR Consultant, Stone King
- Richard Hewitt, Senior Associate, Veale Wasbrough Vizards
- Tom Wallace, HR Consultant, Browne Jacobson
- Jean Boyle, Senior Associate Employment Team