|Provider Rating||(from 24 reviews)|
|Description||Equal Access to Promotion is a development programme specifically designed for black and minority ethnic teachers. To be eligible to apply applicants need to be in their fifth to twelfth year of teaching and already have some leadership responsibilities.|
|Duration||Two days plus one day follow-up|
|Categories||Leadership and Management, Management, Teaching staff, CPD Leader, Head of year / Pastoral leader, Advanced Skills Teacher, Excellent Teacher, Main-scale (core) teacher, Head of Department / Faculty, Personal Development, Work-life Balance, Change Management, Coaching and Mentoring, CPD Leadership, Organisational Improvement, Diversity, Out of school|
|Learning outcomes for participants/users and, where relevant, pupils or students||
This programme aims to raise your influence as leaders in school in order to impact on student learning and wellbeing.
The programme aims include:
• providing a BME experience and forum focused on effective leadership
• enhancing participants’ leadership strengths and extending their strategies for overcoming barriers to leadership/promotion
• boosting participants’ knowledge of current and future career and leadership development opportunities
• equipping participants through the study of leadership to raise their influence as leaders in schools in order to impact on student learning and wellbeing
• encouraging BME teachers in middle leadership positions to seek senior leadership roles and positions
NOTE: It is not suitable for current or post NPQH teachers and deputy headteachers.
|Evidence underpinning this approach||
As part of your learning you will have the opportunity to carry out specific, mutually agreed, school-based projects that produce evidence relating to leadership, management and professional development issues.
|How users/participants can evaluate success||
Teachers can match up their progress in the classroom against their memo to me (what they aim to action from this course at their school). Another copy of this will be sent to all teachers 7-8 weeks after the course with form inviting them to assess/analyse implementation and learning so far and plans how to take things forward. This is for personal as well as professional development.
|Follow-up activities and support||
You will try out appropriate strategies during the school-based weeks between seminars and then reflect on and share learning with colleagues at the follow-up event.
This course raises the profile of teachers through the practice and application of leadership skills as they engage in a leadership study.
This course does not have any pre-booked dates available. Please contact the provider directly to arrange this training.