||(from 9 reviews)
||Seahorse Education works with schools to strengthen the passion in individuals to be inspirational, happy and creative by creating the conditions for your staff to understand how to be their best.
We believe the love of learning and personal growth is at the heart of inspirational, enjoyable and creative education.
Seahorse provides SUPERVISION & CPD through strengths based - solution focused growth coaching so your staff can move beyond the limits and achieve success.
Seahorse Education Partnerships CIC's website
||Primary, Secondary, Leadership and Management, Teaching and Learning, Early Years/Foundation, 14-19, Management, Support Staff, Teaching staff, Personal Development, Wider Context, In school, After-school meetings, Speech / Seminar, Teacher Enquiry, School closure day, Coaching / Mentoring
|Learning outcomes for participants/users and, where relevant, pupils or students
Schools can expect their staff:
- To increase engagement, wellbeing and resilience at school.
- To learn how to be your best as a person, teacher and/or school leader through your own action research.
- To identify, grow and apply your strengths to overcome barriers and achieve success.
|Evidence underpinning this approach
Coaching is underpinned by:
- Strength-based coaching and Work based coach training.
- The use of tools and strategies from Positive Psychology, NLP and Acceptance & Comittment Therapy.
- Organisational Membership of Association for Coaching,
- Association of Coaching Accredited Training Award,
- Members of the International Positive Psychology Association, The Coaching Academy and the International Network on Personal Meaning.
Educational development is underpinned by:
- Visible Learning, EEF and the Sutton Trust.
Evidence of impact
- Over three years staff absence has been reduced by 79% because of our interventions. In 2015 average staff absence rates were 56% lower for those being coached comapred to those not being coached and stress related absence was reduced to 0%.
- Teachers have reported significant increases in wellbeing, resilience, confidence, purpose, self-awareness and motivation.
- School Leaders have reported positive changes to behaviours, attitudes, classroom practice, independence, creativity, enjoyment of learning and commitment.
- Headteachers have reported correlations with staff meeting performance management targets, improved teaching and learning triangulations, improvements to pupil progress and greater commitment to core values & school development.
|How users/participants can evaluate success
Measuring Success through:
- Seahorse's REVIEW of each session in order to see the journey of increased wellbeing.
- Seahorse's GROWTH SURVEY for partcipants once per year.
- Seahorse's CONDITIONS SURVEY to ensure the right coaching conditions for each client are being created.
- Seahorse's PARTNERSHIP REVIEW of progress each year to align our work with your SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT.
Ensuring the Qulaity of Coaching:
- All coaches are provided with regular professional theraputic supervision.
- All coaches take part in regular Seahorse training events.
- All coaches are monitored twice per year through recorded sessions.
- All coaches are fully qualified professional coaches with DBS, Insurance and professional association members.
|Follow-up activities and support
- The programme is on going with 81% of Schools continuing with Seahorse Education each year, some have been working with us 3+ years.
- Online support.
- Ongoing reviews.
- Pro Bono "Giving and Gaining" community development work.
- Weekly or Fortnightly visits
- 3 x 1.5hr Great & Growing Coaching sessions with our professional coaches either as individuals or action research teams exploring Teaching & Learning, Leadership or Coaching.