A two-day training course for primary school leaders, Key Stage 2 co-ordinators and primary school teachers with responsibility for languages
Already a GoodCPDGuide user? Sign in now.
This provider has opted to moderate all reviews before they are published.
Your changes won't be seen until they have approved it
The AMFLA (Accelerated Modern Foreign Language Aquisition) method has been developed to provide primary schools with an invaluable resource for delivering a modern language at Key Stage 2 from September 2014, in time to fulfil primary schools’ statutory responsibility.
Delegates will come away with:
· experience of ‘live learning’ a modern language with real pupils, taught by Maggie Morgan MBE, from St Paul’s Primary School , Brighton;
· a DVD, for future reference, illustrating Maggie Morgan’s expert pedagogy;
· a complete ‘Language Awareness’ course for Key Stages 1 and 2, to complement the AMFLA materials for modern language teaching, suitable for non-linguist teachers;
· two programmes of study and their resources, for French or Spanish, sufficient to cover a full term for classes in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6;
· numerous links to additional resources;
· the opportunity to subscribe to additional programmes of study in the future, in order to cover the full Key Stage 2 modern language curriculum;
· models for staffing modern language teaching collaboratively;
· a tool for school self-evaluation of outstanding practice in primary language policy and practice;
· the opportunity to join the AMFLA schools network dedicated to the further development of innovative practice in progressive language learning in the primary school and transition to KS3.
In order to ensure that you can edit your review in future, and so that the provider can reply to you directly, we need a few details from you so that you can log in later
Set password At least 6 characters please.) *
Set password confirmation (type the same password again.) *
Copyright (c) 2011-15 Teacher Development Trust
All rights reserved. |
Customer support |
Code of practice |