No reviews yet
|Provider Rating||No reviews yet|
|Description||Bespoke to you! Practical workshop/s to ensure HOTS not MOTS in everyday classrooms.|
|Duration||Half Day or 2 Twilights|
|Categories||Primary, Teaching and Learning, Early Years/Foundation, KS1, KS2, Support Staff, Teaching staff, Learning Support, Pupil Support, Advanced Skills Teacher, Excellent Teacher, Main-scale (core) teacher, Newly Qualified Teacher, Post-threshold Teacher, Supply / Peripatetic teacher, Trainnee (pre-QTS) teacher, Assessment, Gifted and Talented, Inclusion, Personalised Learning, Classroom Management, In school, Online, After-school meetings, Learning walk, Discussion forums, Meta-cognition and Self-regulation, Teacher Enquiry, School closure day, Coaching / Mentoring|
|Learning outcomes for participants/users and, where relevant, pupils or students||
- To know more about some of the key research and practice underpinning the development of pupils' thinking skills to challenge and support all learners;
- To understand more about how to use effective (and do-able) strategies across the school in the everyday learning environment in the context of stretch and challenge for all;
- To be able to celebrate, reflect and build on your existing good practice and develop it further to enhance your pupils; disposition to be good thinkers and effective learners
|Evidence underpinning this approach||
Visible Learning (Hattie); Growth Mindsets (Dweck et al); Assessment for Learning (Wiliam); Questioning (Kerry et al); Thinking Operations (de Bono); Challenge and Enrichment (Renzulli; Eyre et al)
|How users/participants can evaluate success||
The sessions support schools' work and their CPD processes agaimnst the aspects of the National Teachers' Standards, especially:
- set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils;
- promote good progress and outcomes by pupils;
-adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
Further monitoring and evaluation can be undertaken through Learning Walks, PM/Appraisal processes and similar.
If undertaken over 2 Twilight sessions, an in-between activity is undertaken which engages staff in Learning Walks and collaborative learning to focus on verbal and visual questioning and its impact on pupils' learning.
|Follow-up activities and support||
Action-research activities in-house
Online support and/or subsequent follow-up staff meeting/s are available as an extra service, costed according to a school's bespoke requirements.
Session 1: (+ Learning Log)
Thinking operations in Practice
Questioning Rationale and Analysis
Questioning Code of Practice
Session 2: (+ Learning Log)
Feedback on Learning Walk/s etc
Analysis of Challenge Strategies in the Everyday Classroom in Practice
Where Now? What Next?
Timings (for example, customised according to school's requirements):
9.00 - 1.00 or 3.30 - 5.30 x 2
- not just a one-off;
- flexible framework;
- practical, interactive session/s;
- comprehensive supporting materials;
- reflective practice in action
This course does not have any pre-booked dates available. Please contact the provider directly to arrange this training.