No reviews yet
|Provider Rating||No reviews yet|
|Description||The UK's largest gathering of SLEs (Specialist Leaders of Education). Change is fundamentally about people; their receptivity, their motivations, and their own goals. Build on your foundation as an outstanding change leader, a SLE. Join Dylan Wiliam, leaders of TSAs and experienced SLEs in the UK's largest SLE forum. *** 12th June 2015 Central London *** www.sle.education|
|Categories||Primary, Secondary, Higher, Leadership and Management, Teaching and Learning, Early Years/Foundation, Sciences, Mathematics / Numeracy, 14-19, KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, Arts, Business / Economics, Computing / ICT, English / Literacy, Health and care, Hospitality and Leisure, Humanities, Languages, PE / Sport, Technology, Management, Teaching staff, Assistant Headteacher, CPD Leader, Deputy Headteacher, Special Educational Needs Coordinator, Advanced Skills Teacher, Excellent Teacher, Teacher trainer, Head of Department / Faculty, Personal Development, Change Management, Coaching and Mentoring, CPD Leadership, Organisational Improvement, Classroom Management, Out of school, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science / Geology, PSHE, Knowledge Mobilisation, Monitoring Impact, Career Planning|
|Learning outcomes for participants/users and, where relevant, pupils or students||
1) Launch change initiatives and get stalled progress back on track through engaging the heart, inspiring the head, and equipping the hands to lead people in positive directions.
2) Got a problem? Get a solution! Voice your issues and benefit from feedback from the panel of experienced SLEs, TSA leaders and the biggest audience of SLEs ever.
3) Create the conditions to make people passionate about change. Embed proven coaching methods to significantly increase others' leadership capacities and capabilities.
4) Be you, only better. Gain the know-how to generate influence, ignite authentic intrinsic motivators and fuel confidence. Know your role in the system leadership ecosphere.
5) Be delegation happy. How to share best practice and provide the sustainable leadership of teaching and learning without being seen as an outside 'specialist'.
6) Believe in evidence-informed pedagogies and practices? Network with academic researchers and ed techs looking for schools to partner with.
|Evidence underpinning this approach||
Last week Dylan Wiliam made the front page of the TES. On the 12th June he supports the infamous' Lazy Teacher' Jim Smith, and the SLE tour-de-force Ian Taylor at the only independently created Specialist Leader of Education event in the UK.
· A day curated by SLEs for SLEs and aspiring SLEs.
· A pow-wow of world-class speakers.
· An open floor Q & A.
· An introduction to powerful, new ed tech companies.
· An insight into what’s hot in evidence-informed practice.
|How users/participants can evaluate success||
This is all about equipping SLEs with the tools to create a climate for change in their 'host' schools. Speakers will endorse approaches to evidence impact and give examples.
|Follow-up activities and support||The provider has not supplied this information|
This course does not have any pre-booked dates available. Please contact the provider directly to arrange this training.